Thrift Store Associate
Job Location: Raleigh, Durham, Wake Forest, Roxboro
Will provide exceptional customer service with a smile; assisting customers with their purchases, questions, and other needs.
Responsible for processing incoming inventory and getting it ready for sale in the store.
Responsible for proper merchandising of store inventory, both on clothing racks and shelving.
Continuously helps to achieve a store cleanliness acceptable to both staff and patron.
Assists the team in the loading and unloading of company vehicles.
Some associates will be depended upon to efficiently operate the point-of-sale system.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
1. Merchandising is an important facet of any retail store. All associates will need to regularly stock shelves, organize existing stock, and clean the areas of debris.
2. An efficient workplace is necessary to achieve goals, all associates are depended upon to maintain a proper work-flow – this includes completing tasks in a timely manner and adhering to established procedures.
3. All inventory is processed in stages, with each stage operated by different employees. Team-work is para-mount to success. All employees must be able to work well in a team comprised of both employees and clients of the Durham Rescue Mission.
4. Upkeep of all areas of the sales floor is a constant process, all associates will take part in maintaining each section and replacing/rotating items as needed. This includes, but not limited to, hanging clothing, stocking housewares on shelves, and arranging furniture.
5. Every employee is responsible for helping keep the store clean, an associate may be asked to clean windows, the bathrooms, the floor, or any other area in and around the store.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Associate will need a plethora of interpersonal skills, such as: kindness, tactfulness, friendliness, and an overall pleasant demeanor.
2. Associate will need a level of discernment involving safety and protocol, ensuring a safe and efficient workplace.
3. A general knowledge of the sale products is necessary to identify potential product safety hazards. Some associates will need to work in an area of expertise such as electronic devices or furniture, and will need experience with these types of items.
4. When working with money the associate will need an understanding of proper cash-handling procedures, as well as a working knowledge of point-of-sale systems.
Training and Experience:
2(+) years of retail experience is desired.
Occasionally=1%-33%; Frequently=34%-66%; Continuously=67%=100%
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential Functions.
a. Must be able to stand and move about up to 8 hours daily. (Continuously)
b. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs. (Occasionally)
c. While perform the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
d. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.